Changes coming to TWA in 2022Feb 27, 2021
Curious to know what's happening with The Watercolour Academy next year? Read on!
- The Watercolour Academy and my other business The Watercolour Factory (handmade paints) will merge
- They will be renamed under a new and different name, to be revealed late 2021
- The focus of The Watercolour Academy will be narrowed - all painting tutorials from 2022 onwards will be animal paintings
- This means next year the current Topic Library will condense to only animal classes (10 topics/40 tutorials by the time we get to 2022) and only animal-themed classes will be added going forward
- All students who carry an active membership to The Watercolour Academy from 2021 into the start of 2022 will retain access to the 'old' tutorials, and gain access to the new school as well. Access to both will continue for as long as the membership remains active - just like how things are now
- The 'old' tutorials won't be accessible to new students after the end of 2021, and won't be sold as separate individual classes
- Based on student feedback, all tutorials in 2022 will be in real-time and come with more detailed handouts than currently
- Due to the change in the point above, the amount of tutorials released will reduce from 48 per year (4 per month) to 26 (once a fortnight)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Will the 'new' school still have all the basics of watercolour lessons?
Yep! All colour theory, supplies and techniques videos will be part of the 'new' school. In fact, the only thing changing is the subject of the tutorials. Everything else remains - the community, live Zoom calls every two weeks, masterclasses etc.
Will we need to sign up on a different website? How will it work?
Nup, everything will remain here on this site, it'll just get a makeover later this year. Your account and login will all be the same. What happens with your membership will be up to you and whether you'd like to continue on!
Will the 'new' school only be useful if I want to paint animals?
No, but more helpful if you do! All the basics lessons will still remain which will give you an excellent foundation of watercolour - however all the tutorials where we put that into practise will be animal-focussed. The school in 2022 will definitely benefit those interested in animal paintings more.
What if I want to take the old tutorials but not the new?
Sign up in 2021! Whether you only want to stay until the end of this year before all the changes happen, or continue on into 2022, if you sign up this year you'll be able to access the past non-animal classes. As always, your membership needs to be current to have access to the materials. If you continue your membership from 2021 into 2022 you'll get access to both schools for as long as you maintain your membership. If you cancel before the end of 2021 and return some time in future, only the 'new' school will be accessible.
Can I sign up to the old tutorials individually after this year? Where will they go?
No. The 'old' tutorials will be retired at the end of 2021, they won't be sold separately. Students who have a membership that carries over from 2021 to 2022 will have access to the 'old' tutorials and the 'new' school for as long as they maintain their membership, but access to the 'old' tutorials won't be available for new students in 2022 and beyond.
I'm a current student with an annual membership that renews before the end of 2021. I'm not sure what to do?
Send me an email! If you search your inbox you'll find some info I sent in early 2021 on your options, but happy to chat further about your individual circumstances.
What happens if I join as an annual member during 2021?
You'll have access to The Watercolour Academy now AND you'll also get access to the new animal-only themed school as of January. You'll have access to both for as long as you continue your membership - so if you renewed it in 2022, you'd still keep both :)
What is the new name of the school and paint brand?
That's one secret I'll never tell... (until later this year).
Why are you making these changes?
A few reasons! Some are business related, others are personal, and feedback from current students has contributed as well. On a personal level, I'm really excited to be focussing the topics on animals next year as it's where my passion and strength in watercolour lies. I know I'll be able to have an even greater impact on student's journeys if I'm focussed on teaching the topic I'm the MOST excited about, and I can't wait for 2022 to come!
I have a different question, how can I ask you?
Just shoot me an email! :) [email protected]